This episode, we welcome AmyJune Hineline from Kanopi Studios to talk about the importance of open source to the community and organizations. AmyJune is the Open Source community ambassador for Kanopi. She helps keep her team connected to open source communities. Along with working in the WordPress and Drupal communities, AmyJune also co-organizes A11yTalks, a monthly online meetup where they promote community discussions on a variety of accessibility issues. You can find her at just about every Drupal camp or con, where she will coax you into buying a beer-like drink.
- Tell us about yourself and about your role as an Open Source Community Ambassador?
- How did you get started with the Open Source Community?
- What would you say is the biggest benefit for an agency to contribute back to the community?
- Why should an organization/company using Drupal invest in giving back to the community?
- A lot of people think contributing back means creating a new module or a new theme. Although those are certainly ways to contribute back, what are other ways in which an organization using Drupal or WordPress can contribute back?
- What would be your advice to an organization who is interested in contributing back to the community? What is the process like or what steps should they take?
- How can an agency like yours or ours motivate or encourage clients to contribute back?
- What kind of resources are available for an organization to get started with contributing back?