Drupal 7 End of Life is November 2021, and while you can still get mileage from your site, and there will be community long term support for Drupal 7, there are many features in Drupal 8 (and soon Drupal 9) your organization’s site will benefit from. Also, getting everything lined up for an upgrade takes time. This is the year many should be putting plans into motion.
At Agaric, we’ve made upgrades and migrations our main focus in our work to help people leverage the open web to meet their goals. Last year we led 4 migration trainings and presentations, including a sold-out training at DrupalCon. Mauricio even blogged every day in September to share his expertise on Drupal migrations. This year we’re hitting the road to help as many people upgrade to Drupal 8 as possible.
- January 30 DrupalCamp New Jersey – Drupal 8 Upgrade All Day Training
- February 5 NYC Drupal Meetup – Drupal 8 Migrations by Example Presentation
- March 18 MidCamp – Drupal 8 Upgrade All Day Training
- May 18 DrupalCon Minneapolis – Drupal 8 Content Migrations All Day Training
- May 19 DrupalCon Minneapolis – Upgrading to Drupal 8 Using the Migrate API All Day Training
We also plan to propose sessions and trainings at DrupalCamp Spain, DrupalCamp Iceland, Drupal GovCon, DrupalCamp Colorado, DrupalCon Barcelona, BADCamp, and some other DrupalCamps.
Last year, many of our events sold out, so register ahead of time to take advantage of early bird rates and ensure you have a spot.
We’re also available for paid consulting work and migration work. If interested, we would love to hear from you.
Not everyone can attend a training. We’ve tried as much as possible to also share our knowledge through blog posts and tutorials. Others in the Drupal community have also contributed documentation to make the upgrade/migration process easier.
- https://agaric.coop/migrations : clearinghouse of upcoming trainings, links, and other resources
- https://agaric.coop/31-days-drupal-migrations – step by step tutorials on migrations
- https://www.drupal.org/docs/8/upgrade – official Drupal documentation on upgrading to Drupal 8
An upgrade or migration can seem daunting, but we’re committed, along with many other Drupal community members, to support one another in making everyone’s upgrades as smooth as possible.