MidCamp is almost here! We’re thrilled to kick-off sessions tomorrow (3/19) and have a full line-up from 9:00am – 3:45pm CDT. We’re leveraging a virtual format for the first time, so each session page has a direct link to join the presentation via Zoom. We encourage you to share the following schedule with colleagues and look forward to having you join us! No need to register – the more, the merrier!
How will it work?
Each session page has a direct link to join the presentation via Zoom. The rooms will open shortly before the first presentation each day and stay open throughout the day.
Here’s what you need to attend the sessions:
- Any device that can run Zoom (computer, phone, tablet)
- Headphones (recommended)
- Good internet/wifi
- Zoom – downloaded on your device
9:00am – 9:30 am CDT
- Welcoming Words
9:45am – 10:45am CDT
- Build it better, stupid: Using design systems for scalability
- Live Captioning: Make your next event accessible for everyone
- Your data model is terrible! Let me show you why
- Battle for online privacy
- Caching Large Navigation Menus in Drupal
9:45am – 12:00pm CDT
- [Half-day] Getting started with Drupal 8
11:00am – 12:00pm CDT
- MUDdying the waters: Creating text-based adventure games using Drupal and Slack
- When there’s not a module for that
- Maximum PhpStorm
1:15pm – 1:45pm CDT
- Embracing usability and accessibility: a Pace case study
- Surviving the Drupal learning curve
- Decoupling Drupal commerce to multiple and scale the front-end
- How content editors use the layout builder: What the user research shows
2:00pm – 2:30pm CDT
- Bringing chart-making out of the back-end
- Custom Drupal data migration: a Georgia GovHub story
- Preparing custom and contributed code for Drupal 9
2:45pm – 3:45pm CDT
- Planning for personalization: Tips for Dev, Design, and I&A
- Taking maximum advantage of Drupal core’s composer template
- Automate Drupal 9 upgrades: Addressing deprecated code as a community
- From squiggles to straight lines: Sketch to make decisions & get on with it
To join any of these presentations, you can check out our Thursday session schedule and click the Zoom link.
Be a part of something BIG! Help MidCamp go virtual by volunteering! We have plenty of space for those who want to contribute. We need room monitors and hosts to keep the Zoom presentations running smoothly! After all, there are many ways to give back to #Drupal besides code. Fill out our volunteer survey if you’re interested. We’ll have a training at 4PM CDT today, and it will be recorded for folks who aren’t able to join. Check #volunteers in the MidCamp Slack for more info.
Virtual game night sponsored by Palantir.net
Don’t forget to join us tomorrow (3/19) evening, from 6-9pm CDT, to take part in a gaming session group. There will be digital adaptations of tabletop games available directly from your web browser. Look forward to gaming with you!