DRUPAL MIGRATION PREPARATION AUDIT
All good things must come to an end. Drupal 7 will soon meet its end. Does your organization have your migration plan to Drupal 9 in order? Here’s what you need to know to keep your Drupal site running and supported. Talk to Our Drupal Migration Experts Now!
OUR APPROUCH TO DRUPAL MIGRATION.
Staying up to date with Drupal versions is vital to maintaining performance to your site:
- Avoiding the end-of-life cut-off
- Catalog existing community contributed modules necessary to the project
- Do these modules have a corresponding Drupal 8 version?
- If the answer to the above question is no, is there an alternative?
- Is there an opportunity to optimize or upgrade the site’s usage of contributed modules?
- Catalog existing custom built modules
- Do these modules rely on community contributed modules that may not have a migration path to Drupal 8?
- Do these modules contain deprecated function calls?
- Are there any newer community contributed modules that may replace the functionality of the custom modules?
- Review existing content models.
- How complex is the content currently—field, taxonomy, media?
- What specific integrations need to be researched so content will have feature parity?
- Catalog and examine 3rd party integrations.
- Is there any kind of e-commerce involved?
- Do these 3rd party integrations have any Drupal 8 community modules?
- Catalog User roles and permissions
- Do user accounts use any type of SSO?
- Is there an opportunity to update permissions and clean up roles?
- Access to the codebase
- Access to the database
- Access to a live environment (optional)
- Access to integrations in order to evaluate level of effort
Module Report The module report should contain an outline of the existing Drupal 7 modules with the corresponding path to Drupal 8, whether that’s an upgraded version of the existing module or a similar module. This report should also contain a sheet outlining any deprecated function usage for the custom modules that will need to be ported to Drupal 8.
Content Model Report The Content Model report should contain an overview of the existing site’s content types, users, roles, permissions and taxonomic vocabularies with each field given special consideration. Recommendations should be made in the report to improve the model when migrating to Drupal 8.
Integration Report The integration report contains a catalog of the third party integrations currently in use and marks those with an existing contributed module from the community and those that will require custom work to integrate with the Drupal 8 system.
Our Insights on Drupal Our latest thoughts, musings and successes.
Contact us. We’ll help you expand your reach.
The post Drupal Migration Preparation Audit appeared first on .