We’re trying something new for our September update – a video! Let us know if you like this format in the comments.
Embedded below is a video we sent out to our Supporting Partners about the engineering initiatives that their support funded in September.
Here’s what you’ll learn about:
- The issue fork and merge request beta – which makes Drupal contribution faster and easier, especially for new contributors.
- The lazy-load initiative – which will make all Drupal sites on 9.1 and beyond faster.
- Composer 2 support – Drupal now fully supports being built with Composer 2, which is much faster and less memory-hungry than Composer 1.
- The Auto-Updates contribution week, which the DA held with community contributors from inside and outside of Drupal.
- New efforts to match make organizations who want to contribute with initiatives that need help.
As always, we’d like to say thanks to all the volunteers who work with us, and to the Drupal Association Supporters, who make it possible for us to work on these projects. In particular, we want to thank:
- Acquia – *NEW* Enterprise Supporting Partner
- Aten Design Group – Renewing Premium Supporting Partner
- Palantir – Renewing Premium Supporting Partner
- Phase2 – Renewing Premium Supporting Partner
- Specbee – Renewing Premium Supporting Partner
- Frontkom – *NEW* Classic Supporting Partner
- Green Geeks – Renewing Classic Supporting Partner
- JetBrains – Renewing Classic Technology Supporter
- Studio Present – Renewing Classic Supporting Partner
- Websolutions – Renewing Classic Supporting Partner
- DevBranch – *NEW* Community Supporting Partner
- Riva Solutions – *NEW* Community Supporting Partner
If you would like to support our work as an individual or an organization, consider becoming a member of the Drupal Association.