Earlier this year, the Drupal Event Organizer’s Working Group (EOWG), took a page out of the infamous Driesnote’s and announced the three initiatives for the working group to make a priority. The three initiatives are: Getting Started with Drupal, Drupal Events Database, and the Drupal Event Platform. You can read about each of the initiatives here.
The Drupal Event Platform (DEP) initiative is aiming to solve a challenge for all event organizers, the website. The event website is one of the most important and laborious tasks associated with producing a quality Drupal event. For some events, the website is the main application that helps organize and build the entire experience from collecting session submissions to assigning presentations to the schedule.
The Drupal Event Platform (DEP) initiative is forming a committee within the Drupal Event Organizers Working Group (EOWG) that is looking to reduce the time and resources it takes to create an event website site through the creation of a flexible and customizable website starter kit for event organizers.
- Focus the website creation efforts of event organizers on a single open-source platform to reduce duplication of efforts
- Create an MVP (minimal viable product) that can meet the needs of at least 80% of Drupal events globally
- Reach and maintain adoption by at least 40% of all Drupal events globally
- Model for Drupal best practices including accessibility, usability, inclusive design, documentation, security, performance, and internationalization
- Provide an extensible, modular platform that allows event organizers to choose to use default functionality or build custom components
Join us on the 4th Tuesday of the Month at 2pm EST.
For more information on how to join the meeting visit The Drupal Event Platform (DEP) initiative page today.
Go to Source