Today we are talking about Accessibility with Rain Breaw Michaels.
- We are talking about Accessibility today, but specifically gearing the conversation towards developers. Why?
- So many people when coding for accessibility simply provide workarounds. Why can this be dangerous?
- What is ARIA?
- What is meant by the term Landmarks?
- How does this apply to dev’s working with Drupal?
- What modules do you recommend?
- How can you help content editors maintain accessibility while adding content?
- What are common pitfalls you see devs make
- In closing, is there anything you would like to add?
Module of the Week
Clean Talk – Geerling’s Post Anti-spam by Clean Talk Acquia Engage Time Timer Driven to Distraction Design of everyday things (Book) ColorCube – Color Testing Tool ARIA WAI-ARIA HTML 5 Landmarks Module for decorative images Editoria11y Layout Builder Content Strategy for the Web PDF Accessibility course on Deque VPAT Hanlon’s Razor: “never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity”
Rain Breaw Michaels – @rainbreaw
Nic Laflin – www.nLighteneddevelopment.com @nicxvan John Picozzi – www.epam.com @johnpicozzi Chad Hester – www.chadkhester.com @chadkhester
Go to Source